Easy and Healthy On-the-Go Lunches
May 18, 2018 • Posted by Jessica Pontoriero
If you are always on-the-go, you know that it’s not always easy preparing delicious and healthy lunchs. Cuisinart is here to help! These tasty dishes are super easy to make and can be prepared for the whole family ahead of time. Let’s take a bite:
If you are a salad lover, then these recipes are for you! From quinoa to chicken salads, these dishes are our top picks! Chef’s tip: Do not dress the salad until you are ready to eat. Pour the dressing into a small, separate container and toss together at lunch-time.
- Quinoa Salad: This salad is filled with tons of flavor! Mushrooms, pine nuts and fragrant lemon zest really make this dish come together!
- Pear and Kale Salad: Kale, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, pears and walnuts make this simple salad out of this world.
- Pesto Chicken Salad: This chicken salad is taken up a notch! Herbal pesto adds another layer of flavor. You can even place in-between your favorite slices of bread for a satisfying sandwich any day of the week!
Wraps are super easy to take on-the-go and are filled with deliciousness! Here are our favorites:
- Chicken Quesadilla Wraps: If you love quesadillas, then this wrap has your name written all over it! Bursting with jalapenos, Monterey Jack cheese and chicken, these wraps can be prepared the night before with our all new Griddler® FIVE and then re-heated when necessary.
- Spicy Vegetable Wraps with Cucumber -Mint Sauce: Add a little spice to your lunchtime meal with these wraps! The spiciness from the jalapenos is cooled down with the cucumber mint sauce.
- Veggie Wraps with Guacamole: Avocado lovers, don’t worry! We did not forget about you! These easy veggie wraps will become your new favorite lunch!
Super versatile, hummus can be placed on any sandwich or simply be eaten as a dip! Take a scoop of these recipes:
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: This hummus can be blended in seconds with our Elemental 4-Cup Chopper/Grindder! Fresh tahini, parsley, garlic and lemon juice really bring this hummus recipe to life!
Roasted Garlic Hummus: You can’t go wrong with a classic hummus recipe! Make your own tortilla chips at home by cutting tortilla wraps and baking them until crisp in our Air Fryer Toaster Oven!
Spicy Two Pepper Hummus: Spicy and delicious, this hummus recipe can be made in seconds and will send your taste buds on a ride!